ÜLKEDE SU BARIŞI DÜNYADA SU BARIŞI
OUR GROUNDWATER: HOW CAN WE WORK TOGETHER TO MANAGE IT SUSTAINABLY?
Our precious groundwater resources have been invisible to us all as they have been overused, over-extracted and polluted, while we have taken them for granted for too long. The time is now to change this! The first of the two back-to-back sessions will cover policy, science, technology, and actionable aspects that are needed for a transformation of sustainable groundwater use and management, and the second will showcase the vital importance of water resources through art. Full Description & Concept Note is available via the following link: https://www.lmglobal.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/2022wwd-groundwater-lightmillennium-prof-olcay-unver-final.pdf
DESCRIPTION & PURPOSE
The theme of the 2022 World Water Day, “Groundwater – Making the Invisible Visible” was decided during the 30th UN-Water meeting on 30 January – 1 February 2019, held in Rome, Italy. “OUR GROUNDWATER: HOW CAN WE WORK TOGETHER TO MANAGE IT SUSTAINABLY?” titled virtual event aims to contribute to the global conversation, making use of World Water Day (March 22) within the framework of the 2022 theme,
“Groundwater – Making the Invisible Visible”. The UN-Water Overview on “Groundwater Resources” underlines the fundamental roles of groundwater along with weaknesses and needs in connection with the Sustainable Development Goal-6: Clean Water and Sanitation for All.
Specifically, UN-Water emphasizes the importance of “Groundwater Resources” through the following key points:
• Groundwater is invisible, but its impact is visible everywhere.
• Out of sight, under our feet, groundwater is a hidden treasure that enriches our lives.
• Almost all of the liquid freshwater in the world is groundwater.
• As climate change gets worse, groundwater will become more and more critical.
• We need to work together to sustainably manage this precious resource.
• Groundwater may be out of sight, but it must not be out of mind. (Source: https://www.worldwaterday.org/
To read the full booklet please click on