What is a Water-Smart Society?
March 21, 2022
Water Europe wishes to remind you the importance of achieving a Water-Smart Society, which is a society where:
- the true value of water is recognised and realised,
- all available water sources are managed in such a way that water scarcity and pollution of water resources are avoided,
- water and resource loops are largely closed to foster a circular economy and optimal resource efficiency,
- the water system is resilient against the impact of climate change events,
- all relevant stakeholders are involved in the governance of our water system.
With over 250 members representing the whole diversity of the water ecosystem, including industry, academia, utilities, public authorities and civil society organisations, Water Europe is the voice and promoted of water-related innovation in Europe.
Water Europe strives to increase coordination and collaboration, to enhance the performance of the water service providers, water users, and technology providers, in a sustainable and inclusive way, and to contribute to solving water-related global challenges.
All WE activities and positions are guided by our Water Vision “The Value of Water” and the ambition to achieve a European Water-Smart Society. Learn more here.
Source : https://watereurope.eu/what-is-a-water-smart-society/