The Water Convention at the 26th World Water Week “Building Resilience Faster” 23 to 27 August 2021
As you may know, the 26th World Water Week will be organized by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) and partners from 23 to 27 August 2021 virtually with a theme Building Resilience Faster. It will be focused on solutions to the world’s water-related challenges, starting with the climate crisis and including water scarcity, food security, health, biodiversity, and impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The secretariat of the Water Convention co-organizes and/or contributes to several virtual sessions. We invite you to participate in the various sessions detailed below and encourage you to share information with interested colleagues.
- Climate smart transboundary river basin development, on Monday 23 August, 8-9 a.m.
- Seminar session 1/3: Still Breaking Silos: Climate action and water across sectors and boundaries: Together to Action, on Monday 23 August, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Presenting the 2021 global status of water and sanitation, on Monday 23 August, 5-6.25 p.m. , with translation into French and Spanish
- Transboundary waters cooperation for resilience: global lessons and experiences, on Monday 23 August, 7-8 p.m.
- Seminar session 2/3: Still Breaking Silos: Climate action and water across sectors and boundaries: Across sectors, Tuesday 24 August, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- From risks to returns: WEFE Nexus solutions for climate resilience, on Tuesday 24 August, 3-4 p.m., with translation into French and Spanish
- Presenting the 2021 global status of water and sanitation, on Wednesday 25 August, 7.30-8.55 a.m. (repeated), with translation into Arabic and Russian
- Seminar session 3/3: Still Breaking Silos: Climate action and water across sectors and boundaries: Across boundaries, Wednesday 25 August, 1-2 p.m.
- Water co-operation for strengthening peace, security and sustainability, Thursday 26 August, 8-9 a.m.
In particular, the 3rd session of the seminar: Still Breaking Silos: Climate action and water across sectors and boundaries: Across boundaries (Wednesday 25 August, 1-2 p.m.) will showcase the implementation of transboundary adaptation strategies by basins across the world, leading to improved knowledge and trust, namely in such basins as the Amazon, the Chu-Talas and the Dniester. The seminar is co-organised by CIWA-World Bank, IWMI, SIWI and UNECE.
The majority of the sessions will be held in English. You can participate in all sessions during World Water Week free of charge. However, if you would like to participate in networking activities, there is a fee. You can find more details and register for World Water Week following the link.
More information about Water Convention’s engagement into the Week can be found here.